Thursday, October 11, 2007

Very Important Announcements

Shalom Class!

Thank God for the holidays... by using it properly and wisely especially in view of the fact that the Second Quarter is quickly coming to a close with hoards of requirements to prepare and pass and tons of class material to review and study. The coming week will be especially hectic for CLE class with several things to submit:

1. Creative Synthesis (Part 3 - My Saint's Desert Experience) due on Monday

ALL DUE on Friday:
2. Creative Synthesis (Part 4 - My Saint's Promised Land)
3. Creative Synthesis (Prayer Service)
4. Passover Meal Group Paper
5. High1CLE - Second Reflection Paper (My Own Desert Experience)

The Passover Meal Group Paper must include
1. Title: the name of the food assigned to your group.
2. The recipe thatyou used for the food.
3. The significance/ symbolism of the food in the Passover meal.
4. The prayers that are said while sharing the food. (You can find the prayers in the material I posted earlier in this blogsite)
5. The names of your group members

Here are the rubrics for your Second Reflection Paper:

H1 CLE - Second Reflection Paper

Topic:
My Desert Experience: Finding God in a Dry and Difficult Moment of Life

Procedure:
1. Identify a period or moment in your own life where you encountered God’s silent presence. Remember and describe that part of your life by identifying the feelings and thoughts that your had. How did I react to the apparent absence of God? Was I angry, doubtful, complaining or still trusting? How did God speak to me during that difficult moment in my life? What was he trying to tell me?
2. Compare your experience to the desert experience of Israel. How was my desert experience similar to or different from that of Israel? (Remember to use Scripture and apply the lessons in your comparison)
3. Ask, "How did God lead me and form me in the desert?" Looking back at it from the present, ask, “How did that experience change me for better or worse?” What contributed to the change? Where do I see the hand of God at work here?

Scoring Rubrics:
Proper Understanding of Desert Experience 10pts.
Application to one’s life 10pts.
Comparison with the Biblical example (Israel’s desert experience) 10pts.
Depth and completeness of insights and reflection 10pts.
Organization and Coherence of Ideas 5pts.
Proper Format 5pts.

TOTAL SCORE (10% of Quarterly Grade)

God bless us all.

No comments: